Camps & Programs
Pine Knoll Recreation Area
- Adventure Kids – 4 to 6 Years Old:
- This is available as a full day 9:00 am - 3:00 pm or half day 9:00-11:30 am program.
- Open to boys and girls who are four to six years of age.
- Adventure Kids is geared to meet the needs of this age group in staffing and activities.
- Activity Center:
- Kindergarten; Grades 1 & 2; Grades 3 & 4; Grades 5 & 6; Grades 7 & 8
- All groups are based on grade completed
- Activity Center Groups will have programs geared to meet the needs of the individual in that age range. They will include activities with a Weekly Theme. A variety of programs will be offered such as games, sports, plays, music, arts and crafts, swimming, dancing, and nature. These programs meet from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Extended Day at Pine Knoll:
- The Extended Day program will be available to those who are registered in one of the Activity Center programs. Program hours will run from 7:30 to 9:00 am and 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Supervised by a qualified and caring staff, there will be some planned activities. The bulk of time will be spent in supervised free time.
- Children should bring their own food for an afternoon snack.
- No single days.
- (CIT) Junior Counselor Program at Pine Knoll:
- The Junior Counselor Program is a leadership-development program designed to provide hands-on learning, as well as educational information.
- Topics taught will include first aid procedures, effective discipline techniques, enhancing individual leadership styles, planning activities, and creating positive work relationships. There will also be group time which allows for hands on learning and observation.
- The junior counselors will also assist the counselors during group time.
- Registration will be limited to 10 per session. The Pine Knoll director encourages parents to be sure their child is a willing participant.
- Pine Knoll Recreation Area Site Rental
- Pine Lodge sits atop the hill with a grand view of the field and diamonds below. This hall is 30’ by 60’ with an extended over hang which allows the tables to be pulled forward through the three large garage doors that open. This allows patrons to sit sheltered at the 10 8’ picnic tables while enjoying the view. The hall can accommodate 100 people. There are two large charcoal grills outside to cook on. Though there is no running water on site, it can be brought up to the pavilion from the pool area. Persons with limited mobility or host needing to unload event supplies can drive up to the pavilion where there is also limited parking. A wheelchair-accessible portable toilet is also adjacent to the site in addition to the traditional flush toilets in the pool building.
- Birch Hall is located on the opposite side of the pool from Pine Lodge making it possible to have to events that don’t overlap or to expand the event to accommodate a different musical taste or additional indoor facilities on a rainy day. It is slightly smaller but has similar amenities.
- The pool was completely rebuilt in 2014 with a new state-of-the-art, multi-purpose swimming pool, including water features, 6-lanes, zero-entry, and more!
- Sport facilities
- One tennis court
- Two basketball courts
- Sand volleyball
- 45’ diamond for kickball
- Soccer fields
We offer a wide variety of Sport Clinics that typically run during the summer months. These clinics include tennis, baseball, youth all sports, and many more. Keep an eye on our seasonal program fliers for more information on these exciting programs.