Year-Round SportsThe East Longmeadow Recreation Department manages multiple youth sport leagues throughout the year. We pride ourselves on providing a lasting athletic experience for all youth from town.
BaseballK -10th grade. Registration usually begins in early January and runs to the first week of March.
- In-town programs
- Tee Ball – Kindergarten
- Pinto (Coach Pitch) – 1st and 2nd grade
- Travel programs
- Mustang – 3rd and 4th grade
- Bronco – 5th and 6th grade
- Sandy Koufax – 7th and 8th grade
- Mickey Mantle – 9th and 10th grade
BasketballWe offer in-town basketball programs for boys and girls grades 1st - 12th. We also have a travel program for boys and girls grades 3rd - 8th.
CheerleadingOffered in fall and winter.
Winter CheerThis is an instructional program designed to introduce new participants to the skills and conditioning exercises required for cheerleading. Skills include tumbling, stunting, jumping, and dance. Cheerleading is for girls and boys currently in 2nd-7th grades.
Fall CheerThis program begins in June so as to be ready for their participation in the 4th of July Parade. They will also be training for the fall football games and for the cheerleading exhibition in October.
- Third and 4th Grade Instructional Program
- This program will introduce players to the basic skills needed to play field hockey.
- 5th and 6th Grade Program
- 7th and 8th Grade Program
FootballThe East Longmeadow Recreation Department is offering a Tackle Football Program from August to mid-November.
Residency in East Longmeadow is required by the league. The residency requirement is waived for a player who has been an East Longmeadow METCO student for two years.
- Boys & Girls programs for youth in grades 3-8
- Registrations accepted at elrec.recdesk.com
- In-town soccer program Grades K through 8th grade
- Kindergarten - Co-ed
- Grades 1 & 2 Boys – Girls
- Grades 3, 4 & 5 Boys – Girls
- Grades 6, 7 & 8 Co-Ed Program
SoftballRegistration usually begins in January and runs to the last week of February. Starts as early as 1st and 2nd grade. We also offer travel programs for U10, U12, and U14.
SwimmingThis program is offered to boys and girls ages 6 – 18 who want to develop their swimming skills, be part of a team, and make new friends. Swimmers get in excellent physical condition as they learn and improve the four competitive swimming strokes.
- Swimmers must be able to complete 25 yards freestyle to participate and attend practice twice each week
However, this program is closed when the enrollment cap is reached or once meets begin.
Stroke & Turn Clinic
- Marlins Competitive Swim Program
- Six-week clinic must have been a Marlin
- Registration usually begins the first week of January