Charter Review Commission
OverviewThe East Longmeadow Charter Review Commission was elected in April 2015 to review our current form of town government and to write a town charter for submission to the voters.
Blog UpdatesPlease click on the blue blog icon under Quick Links on the right to see the latest updates.
- Dawn Starks, Chairman is a lifelong resident of East Longmeadow. She graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a B.A. in History. She manages the family business in town, Acres Power Equipment Co. Dawn has also served as a past President of the East Longmeadow/Longmeadow Chamber of Commerce from 2006-2009. She is a member of the Rotary Club of East Longmeadow, and is a Paul Harris Fellow. Dawn currently is a member of the town’s Appropriations Committee. Dawn lives in an antique house, with her husband Sid, her cats and her dog.
- Tom O'Connor served as the Corporate Record Manager/Administrator for Fortune 100 and 500 companies and has over 30 years of experience in business. In his corporate career he served in many roles including operations management, compliance, building management and document management positions. During this time he also headed up and directed the activities of many corporate, and industry work groups. He has written and implemented many policies, practices, and procedures dealing with process improvement opportunities. Tom was a member of Hartford/Springfield chapter of Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA) for fifteen years where he also served on the Board of Directors in a variety of positions, including industry standards committee. Since moving to town ten years ago he has served as a Registrar of Voters and member of the Election Commission. Tom is a principal at Universal Security Associates and currently serves on the Capital Planning Committee, Charter Review Commission and as our Animal Control Officer and Inspector.
- Raymond Miller A long-time resident of East Longmeadow, Ray Miller is a graduate of Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA. He is currently employed by the Town of Longmeadow. While residing in town he has served as Cub Master of Pack 179 and Treasurer of the First Congregational Church. He was a member of the Appropriations Committee and the Capital Planning Committee for many years. Ray was also a member of the previous Charter Commission in 2005. He currently serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors of Brownstone Gardens.
- Larry Levine is an attorney and a former five term elected member and chairman of the East Longmeadow Board of Selectmen. He is also a former two term elected member and chairman of the East Longmeadow School Committee. Atty. Levine is a Justice of the Peace. He is a former Elected member of the East Longmeadow Charter Commission, 2003-2005. Larry is married to Elizabeth Levine, and has two sons and three grandchildren. He has been a resident of East Longmeadow for 37 years.
- Eric Madison has been a resident for the past twenty two years, he is married to his wife Colleen, and together they raised three children in East Longmeadow. Eric worked for thirty five years as a Firefighter, recently retiring as Chief of the Longmeadow Fire Department. As an appointee of Governor Duval Patrick he served on the Commonwealth’s Board of Fire Prevention Regulations, and was instrumental in the adoption of the new model fire code now in use in Massachusetts. He is past President of the Western Massachusetts Fire Chief’s Association, and the Hampden County Fire Mutual Aid Association. He also served on the Western Region Homeland Security Advisory Council. Eric has also served for seven years on the East Longmeadow Appropriations Committee and Capital Planning Committee, the last year as Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. He chaired two search and interview committees for the Chief of Police in East Longmeadow, and has served on numerous voluntary committees in town, most at the pleasure of the Board of Selectman. Eric is a two-time graduate from the National Fire Academy, and is a credentialed Fire Chief in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is also a graduate of the Massachusetts Fire Training Council’s Chief Fire Officer Program, through the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute.
- Russell Denver and his wife Melanie are 12 year residents of East Longmeadow. Russ is employed as an Employee Benefits Compliance Attorney with HUB International LLC. In his position he advises public and private sector clients on federal compliance issues associated with the Affordable Care Act, COBRA and the Family Medical Leave Act as well with Massachusetts compliance with such issues as the Paid Sick Leave law, Domestic Violence Leave law and Parental leave law. For public sector clients Russ develops strategy for implementation of ways to reduce municipal liabilities associated with Other Post Employment Benefits. Russ is currently serving in his 9th year as a member of the Town’s Appropriations Committee 3 years as Chairman. He previously served on the Capital Planning Committee. For several years Russ was active as a EL PVSL soccer coach and was a member of the high school Soccer and hockey booster club.
- George Kingston is a retired chemical engineering research manager and holds a Ph.D. He has been a resident of East Longmeadow since 1979. He served on the Conservation Commission from 1988 to 2014. He was elected to the Planning Board in 2008 and continues to serve as a member of that board. George is the East Longmeadow representative to the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission and is a member of the executive committee of the Commission. He is the chair of the Community Preservation Committee. He is a published author and a member of the East Longmeadow Garden Club. George is married to Jean L. Delaney.
- Ralph Page is a lifelong resident of East Longmeadow. He has his own landscaping business, Page Landscaping. Ralph serves on the Planning Board and Community Preservation Committee, and is a former chair of the CPC. He is currently the chair of the Open Space and Recreation Plan Committee.
- William Fonseca Is married to Darlene. He moved to East Longmeadow in 1997. He has a seventeen year old daughter who will be a senior in high school this coming September. Bill have always been interested in local town politics and intends to stay involved. The first committee he was on was the Open Space Committee. He has been on the School Committee since 2005. He also represents the School Committee on several other committees, including the Lower Pioneer Valley Educational Collaborative and the Mass. Association of School Committees. He and his family enjoy camping and have a camper in a seasonal campground in Wales, Ma.