- November 19, 2019: The Hampden County District Attorney's Office is sponsoring a free informational event on social media safety for all East Longmeadow parents and community members from 6:30PM-7:45PM @ Birchland Park Middle School Cafetorium. View Flyer @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- March 14, 2019 The New Look of Nicotine Addiction: Please join the East Longmeadow Youth Safety Committee from 6:30-7:45PM at the East Longmeadow High School to learn about the Dangers of Vaping and E-Cigs. View Flyer @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- November 29, 2018 Just Once Documentary: The “Just Once” video documentary tells true Hampden County stories of drug addiction and recovery of former local high school students, their parents, and experts in the field. Our EL Youth Safety Committee will sponsor a variety of vendors/exhibits on early detection of risky behaviors and ways to identify environmental clues that may suggest drug use, along with resources about prevention, misuse reduction, and treatment and recovery of youth substance use. View ELCAT
- June 7, 2018 Rebound: The Chris Herren Story: St. Michael's Parish and Forastiere Funeral Home & Cremation invite you, East Longmeadow staff members, students and their families to come and hear Chris Herren share his personal story of substance use and recovery on Thursday, June 7th @ 7 PM at St. Michael's Parish, 128 Maple Street, East Longmeadow, MA. Event Flyer
- December 7, 2017 The YSC Community Night: The East Longmeadow Youth Safety Committee will be hosting a free community night for parents and community members to raise awareness and educate the community on substance use and addiction. The East Longmeadow Police Department with the Hampden County District Attorney's Office and the Springfield Deparmtent of Health and Human Services will be presenting on how to keep our children safe. This is a very informative night that you don't want to miss!
- April 13, 2017 Dr. Ruth Potee Board Certified Family and Addiction MD Presentation: The Youth Safety Committee is proud to present Dr. Ruth Potee who is an expert on addiction and how it affects the teenage brain. She will be presenting on the teen brain development, its impact on risk-taking behavior, including the use of marijuana, drugs and alcohol and what this means for parents and teens. Join us to learn more about how we can keep our teens safer, healthier and substance-free!
- March 7, 2017 Anxious Kids/Anxious Parents: Anxiety is the #1 mental health disorder in the United States but it is also the most treatable. Please join us as Lynn Lyons, LICSW and author of the book Anxious Kids/Anxious Parents, provides valuable strategies to: · Interpret the Worry Cycle · Prevent Anxiety and Depression: Skills We Can Teach Our Children · Manage Anxiety in the Classroom: An Approach for Schools and Parents · Bringing the Changes Home: Therapeutic Assignments for Families
- Youth Safety Night Opiod Film Screening "Anonymous People" Discussion February 2016
- Youth Safety Community Night December 8, 2015
- Youth Safety Community Night Full Program February 2015 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>