Frequently asked questions for prospective applicants:
How do I apply for a position with the Town of East Longmeadow?
Please visit our Job opportunities page to review available positions. You must complete an Application for Employment to be considered for employment. You may choose to apply for a position online or by downloading the application and submitting it via email or mail. http://www.eastlongmeadowma.gov/jobs.aspx
How long does the application review process take?
Once the deadline to apply closes, the review process typically takes approximately two (2) weeks to determine the candidates selected for interviews. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive a letter stating the position has been filled.
What benefits does the Town of East Longmeadow offer?
Please review the Benefits Administration page to review the current benefits, rates, and retirement options offered by the town. http://www.eastlongmeadowma.gov/432/Benefits-Administration
Frequently asked questions for current employees:
How do I change my personal data?
- Log into ESS (Employee Self Service) for the following options:
- Update your contact information, such as address and telephone number.
- Ensure dependent and beneficiary information is correct and always up to date.
- Make benefit changes due to qualifying life events such as birth of a child, marriage, divorce or loss of coverage.
- View and print copies of your pay checks and Form W2s.
- View and update your Form W4.
- Use a pay check simulator, which provides an ESTIMATE of what your pay check would look like based on variables you enter. https://mss.eastlongmeadowma.gov/MSS/default.aspx
Please review the following instructional video to learn how to use ESS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydm8v4hOs5Y
How do I apply for a leave of absence?
Please contact the Human Resources Department as soon as you know you may need to take a leave of absence. Depending on your circumstances, you may be required to complete the necessary paperwork to be approved for FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). Please review the United States Department of Labor website for more detailed information. https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/benefits-leave/fmla
What benefits am I eligible for ?
Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more are benefit eligible. Please review the Benefits Administration page to review the current benefits, rates, and retirement options offered by the town. http://www.eastlongmeadowma.gov/432/Benefits-Administration
Does the Town of East Longmeadow offer an Employee Assistance Program?
Please visit the MIIA website http://www.allonehealth.com/MIIAEAP/ to review the Employee Assistance Program or call 1-800-451-1837 to speak to an EAP professional 24/7.