Abatement Information

Abatement Process

If you feel that your real or personal property has been overvalued, disproportionately assessed or incorrectly classified, or is exempt from taxation, you have the right to apply for an abatement

Your abatement application must be filed with the Board of Assessors after the third quarter tax bills have been mailed but no later than February 1.The assessors lose jurisdiction to act on any abatement received after February 1.

For more information please contact our office at 413-525-5400 ext. 1600.