- The previous homeowner will leave you a black trash cart with a serial number.
- If you don't know your trash day, look at the Trash/Recycling day street list tab to find your street and day.
- If you need some blue bins for recycling, please call the recycling coordinator- 525-5400 x1108.
- Look over this website for whats accepted at the curb for trash and recycling, request a recycling guide, or call for a calendar. (On website as well).
If you have any issues or questions regarding curbside trash and recycling, please call 525-5400 ext. 1108. Please leave a message and we will return your call.
*Weekly trash pick up first bag or Town provided 35 gallon cart of trash at no charge (Maximum 50 pounds max.)
*Excess trash disposed for $1.75/bag (33 gallon).Official Green Town Trash Bags available at local stores such as Big Y, Rocky’s, AW Browns, CVS, or at Town Hall.
* UNLIMITED amounts of recycling, however 40 lb weight limit per recycling container.
*See Helpful Links for recyclables not accepted at curbside. *NO recycling in plastic bags, please put recyclables DIRECTLY in blue bins. * For Curbside Trash and Recycling questions contact Recycling Coordinator at 413-525-5400 ext.1108. *For Transfer Station Information, contact the DPW at 413-525-5400 ext. 1200 * Dispose of dried latex paint with regular trash. To dry out paint, use kitty litter, sawdust, or Homax Waste Away Paint Hardener available at Home Depot, or Walmart.
*Blue Recycling Bins and recycling stickers are available at Town Hall for free at the Health Dept office
*35 gal trash cart is property of East Longmeadow. If lost, stolen, or broken, you may purchase another one for $45 at the Health Dept. When moving, please leave the trash cart for the new owners.