Eco Friendly Shopping and Products
Here you will find eco-friendly products to help residents choose less packaging and better for the planet.
1. Reusable water bottles, hot drink, or storage containers.
- Stainless steel water bottles usually keep liquids cold and do not leak.
- Thermal containers work well for hot liquids, keeping them hot for a few hours.
- Instead of using plastic containers for food that when heated leak chemicals into your food, choose glass, metal, or high quality silicone.
2. Reusable grocery bags.
- Plastic reusable grocery bags can be washed in your washer machine, or wiped down with disinfectant. Choose one with sturdy handles, and don’t overload. Remember to keep a stack in your car!
3. Eco-friendly cleaning supplies. Look for products that DO NOT contain phthalates, parabens, lead, BPA/BPS, 14 Dioxane, SLS, PVC, Tricolsan, oxybenzone, diazolidinyl or imidazolidnyl urea. The average household contains about 62 toxic chemicals. Choose cleaning supplies that contain essential oils such as tea tree which is anti fungal and antibacterial, baking soda, vinegar, vodka to clean windows, or borax powder, natural sponges made out of woven fibers or plant based.
4. Eco- friendly health care products. Many products come in plastic containers that are not recyclable. Ex, toothpaste tubes. There are many products now ditching the plastic. Deodorant bars, body soap bar, shampoo/ conditioner bars, toothpaste tablets. They last a very long time with the same results. Remember to also use body/ hair soaps with natural ingredients, not parabens, sulfates, sodium chloride, polyethylene glycols, DEA or TEA, formaldehyde, alcohol, synthetic colors or fragrances.
5. Biodegradable cutlery- Look for bamboo cutlery, stainless steel, or if you’re having a party, consider compostable plates, cups, bowls, and napkins.
6. Sustainable personal care products. For example: bamboo toothbrushes, razors, body loofahs, toilet paper, women products, hair brush, q-tips, floss. makeup.
Find below websites who carry eco friendly products.
Earth Hero - An online marketplace that makes buying sustainable products easier.
Lifewithoutplastic -Helps consumers decrease their dependency on harmful plastics.
Earth Easy - Gardening eco shop. With each purchase they plant a tree.