The East Longmeadow Broadband Committee will research and analyze data relevant to current and future availability of access to broadband services by the town's residents and business, and make appropriate policy recommendations to the Town Manager, with respect to the town's rights and responsibilities under federal and state telecommunications law, to advance the access, affordability and reliability of broadband service in the community.
East Longmeadow Broadband Committee Members
Don Maki, ELCAT Director, Chair - 2022
Ryan Quimby, IT Director - 2022
Bruce Adams - 2022
Connor O'Shea, Town Council - 2022
Don Anderson, Town Council - 2022
East Longmeadow Broadband Committee - Links to Information Sources
- Quasi-accurate listing of Internet Service Providers in EL:
- I3 Connectivity Explorer - This is an online data tool that is pretty interesting. You have to create an account and log in to use it. It uses census tract data to merge lots of other data points with broadband connectivity.
- This one is self-explanatory.
- This is a document created by Wired West for communities thinking of joining the consortium.
- Some Mass.gov info on Municipal Utilities and MLPs: